Mar 30, 2011

Happy Spring! Peppermint Bark

I got the stuff to make this over winter break. So three months ago. But it's really easy which is why I didn't make it until last night, you should make some too.Inspiration for this comes from my bff Laura who makes this around the holidays and then would let me eat it all xoxo
Ingredients:
regular chocolate chips
white chocolate chips
peppermints
microwave

1. put tin foil on a pan (shiny side up this is VERY IMPORTANT)
2. put mints in a baggie and crush them, use a can or a rolling pin (if you have one)
Tada! Unfortunately I did not have the foresight to make an instructional video for this step, but I'm sure you can "GENERALIZE" graham cracker crushing skills to peppermint crushing.
3. Melt the regular chocolate chips, every 30 seconds or so stir the chocolate around




4. spread it out over the tin foil in a fairly even layer, it doesn't have to look perfect since it gets broken up into shards anyway.

4. Put the baking sheet in the freezer for about 15 minutes so the first layer of chocolate can harden. In the mean time...




5. Melt the white chocolate chips, use a different bowl to preserve the INTEGRITY of the second layer.
6. Remove the baking sheet from the freezer,
I can't resist a good freezer shot! Maybe one day I'll be like Alton Brown and have a camera inside of my oven.
7. Spread the white chocolate over the other layer, be sort of careful or else the bottom layer will start to melt into the second layer. Sprinkle with the crushed up peppermints. 

Isn't that lovely? Let it 'set-up' in the fridge or freezer for 30 mins or so, then remove it from the foil and BREAK IT INTO SHARDS.

1 comment:

  1. totallly gonna make this this weekend...tooo easy to pass up

    ReplyDelete