Feb 15, 2011

Cooking With Friends: "What if everything we made was deep dish?"

 Dear Friends,
Cooking with friends.
Sincerely,
Katherine.

Sean wanted some deep dish pizza so we made some. I also saw a recipe for Oreos wrapped in chocolate chip cookies, so obviously those needed to be made also. Probably should have been separate occasions, but a little food coma never hurt anyone... and by that I mean I almost died this night.
Chicago Deep Dish Pizza, courtesy of America's Test Kitchen (one of my fave shows)
Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies, courtesy of this blog (you are an evil genius, whoever you are)

Onward and upward with the arts!

I think that if you want to make these things, of which I greatly recommend the cookies and think the pizza isn't really worth the effort, I'll let you just look at the recipes yourself.

Things that are awesome: making your own tom. sauce... really, really good. It also helps if you have a "Kate" to stand there and stir it for 25-30 min.
Not pictured: Kate
I'm sure that another try would yield more satisfying pizza dough, but this was a lot of work for not a lot of pay off. Especially considering the 99 cent bags of pizza dough from Trader Joe's are...
Sean loves to help!
Colleen loves Star Wars! Happy Birthday!!
Oreos covered in chocolate chip cookie... I was sure the police were going to come and take the cookie dough and recipe away.
The most important part of making cookies is to add the chocolate chips verrrry slowly.


Katherine: Are you sure this is a good idea?
Sean: No, this is a terrible idea. We're going to die.

The recipe also made 2 deep dish pizzas. Don't be fooled, there is a MASSIVE layer of cheese under that tom sauce. Supposedly to keep the crust from getting soggy but I think our crust couldda used a little sog.





And this is the aftermath:





1 comment:

  1. jesus christ i hope you have la eft over oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookie!!

    ReplyDelete