Feb 13, 2011

Home made "hoagies"!

I'm from New Jersey so every time I start to say 'hoagie' I die a little inside, and want to say sub. But at some point during the last year and a half in Philly hoagie has slipped into my speech like an little wriggling worm. I've also started referring to Pennsylvania as PA, but I will never say jawn. EVER.
SO want to get a great tasting sub at home? I know I did! There are some foods that I find myself wanting to eat only to realize that they really need a vehicle of some sort... i.e. Buffalo sauce, banana peppers, pickles, salami... only three of those are on this sandwich. Instead of paying someone to make you a sandwich MAKE IT YOURSELF!





The Ingredients:
Toppings: Salt, pepper, red wine vinegar, olive oil, banana peppers, pickles, red onion and shredded lettuce.
Filler: American cheese, provelone cheese, peperoni, salami, pepper jack cheese... whatever you want.
Also, bread. You can get a six pack of sandwich rolls at the grocery store for under $3.

Step 1: Cut the bread not quite in half lengthwise (like a hot dog, not a hamburger). Sprinkle with oil and vinegar.
Step 2: Put the cheese on the sandwich, if you're feeling fancy break it into triangles like they do at Subway. Add meat. Say hello, nice to meat you.
Step 3: Put on aforementioned toppings. Finish with salt and pepper, and some more red wine vinegar. MMMM

So good! This sub was inspired by the veggie sub my roommate always gets from some pizza place on Broad St. If you are ever in NJ go to Tastee Subs... literally the best subs in the world.

P.S. it's so easy even she could do it...
 
 Like this face? She has a blog also.....

1 comment:

  1. A great face for a great sandwich













    I think I'm in love with you marry me or be my Valentine whichever one you want.

    ReplyDelete