Jan 4, 2011

Dinner time! Baked Potatoes!

When a bike is your number one mode of transportation there are some foods that are just hard to justify getting at the grocery store. For example, a five pound bag of potatoes. Thus, I took advantage of having access to a car when I was home and picked up a beautiful bag of potatoes.
all this could be yours for just $2.49...

After a long, hard, day at the office (yeah, actually) all I wanted was a baked potato. This isn't something that really seems to require a recipe, but in case you were wondering here is the informative and deceptively named website: "How to bake a potato.
If you are fancier, here is Alton Brown's recipe, courtesy of the food network. According to this asshole (just kidding, luv this dude), you need "1 large russet potato (If it looks like Mr. Potato Head(r), you've got the right one.)" Choose your potato carefully, this is VERY important.
this will have to be good enough.
after preheating my oven to 350 and moving my oven racks as directed ("... position racks in top and bottom thirds"), I put my tater in the microwave. Because let's be serious, I'm not trying to wait a hour for my potato to cook in the oven.

it's ART
PRO TIP: microwave (anything) until it's almost cooked and then pop it into the oven to finish it off, makes you feel 50 - 75% better about all the radiation...GUARANTEED!








I topped my li'l baby off with some pesto and shredded mozz cheese, mmmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment