May 7, 2011

Welcome To My Neurotic Home

This morning on cooking with Katherine I will show you what I cooked this morning.
Good morning world! I'm sterilizing a pickle jar!
 I usually have a little coffee left over, and waste not/want not so why not save it for later in the fridge? RIGHT? Also, iced coffee = my raison d'etre. So I did a really good job of washing this pickle jar out and yesterday morning I put some coffee in it. This morning I made some coffee, wanted a little more (because why the hell not, I'm only going to be young once so I may as well be over caffinated). Well the coffee smelled like pickles because as my lovely roommate Kate put it:




I was really shocked because, as you know if you have ever left coffee in a container for more than five minutes, coffee smell gets all up in everything. Also, how could the smell of pickles permeate so thoroughly a GLASS JAR? Idk guys.
Thus: Sterilization.
It didn't work. Now all I have is a pot of boiling water that smells like pickles, and a glass jar that smells like pickles and some nasty coffee I had to throw out because it smells like pickles.
Since I went to all the trouble to cook this jar, I'm going to save it for the kimchi I'm planning to make soon. Welcome to my glass jar collection.

1 comment:

  1. yes exactly! this!
    i don't know how i ended up here but i struggled with the very same puzzling dilemma just last week

    it was peach iced tea and a kimchi jar tho

    ReplyDelete